UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has picked back up the trash-talk in regards to his former opponent, Dan Henderson. The two were expected to clash at UFC 151 earlier this month, but Henderson was knocked out of the fight with a knee injury.
Jones felt the brunt of the backlash after news of the entire event being cancelled, but since that time, "Hendo" has started to be blamed, as well. Now, "Bones" is making it known that he believes Henderson avoided a loss by exiting the fight.
"He came out with this ad that said, 'Buy a Hendo shirt and get a free Jon Jones shirt to dry your car off with,'" said Jones, in an interview with the Toronto Sun. "You're making fun of me, yet you got hurt and dodged a bullet? You're sitting at home with ice on your knee and I'm here doing push-ups again because I thought my camp should have been over. I have stuff to do and you're sitting around your home playing video games, or whatever you do during the day."
Early in the build-up to the Jones vs. Henderson bout, Jones was asked why he became defensive towards Henderson. He cited several instances where Henderson made reference to him being a sloppy fighter and a kid.
"Dan Henderson called me a kid 1,000 times leading up to that fight and we never even fought," Jones said. "I call him an old man once and the whole world was like, 'You freakin' age discriminator. You're such a bad person.'"
- Martin Kampmann Doesn't Lack Confidence In Potential Georges St-Pierre Fight
- Jon Jones Has Future Plans To Beat Chael Sonnen "Silly"
- Antonio Banuelos Plans To Push The Pace In Lighter Weight Class
- Scott Coker Explains Reason Behind Lorenz Larkin's Strikeforce Title Shot
- Dan Henderson Believes He'll Get Jon Jones-Vitor Belfort Winner
- Ray Sefo: Tyrone Spong Coming To World Series Of Fighting
- Pat Barry "By The End Of This Year, I'm Going To Punch Somebody In The Face"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline