UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones knows that any and all opponents he faces will do what they can to get inside his head. That includes his current scheduled foe, former champ and ex-teammate Rashad Evans.
Jones and Evans will meet later this month at UFC 145 on April 21. The event will take place in Atlanta, Georgia.
"Bones" knows that all the talk Evans has been doing over the past year is all a way to try and get an edge on the youngster. Jones, however, is not letting "Suga" get inside his mind.
"I love that he talks so much crap because the more crap he talks, the sillier he's going to look when he loses that fight," said Jones, in a recent interview with LFPress.com. "Rashad's just a pawn in this game that I'm playing. Nothing more."
Jones has been inside the Octagon with former champions like Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Lyoto Machida, earning submission victories over both. In Evans, he'll be facing another ex-champ looking to take back the belt.
- Martin Kampmann-Jake Ellenberger Announced As No. 1 Contender Match
- Urijah Faber Happy To Have First Win On "TUF: Live"
- Title-Shot First, Anderson Silva Still Possible For Dan Henderson
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" Episode 2 Recap: Teams Are Selected By Belfort, Silva
- "Amazon Forest Combat 2" Results: Trio Of Ex-UFC Fighters Earn Wins
- Gian Villante-Derrick Mehmen Slated For "Strikeforce: Barnett Vs. Cormier"
- "WMMA: McCorkle Vs. Heden" Results: Sean McCorkle Stopped In Main Event
- Video: Champion Vs. Contender: Ronda Rousey Interviews Alistair Overeem
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.