UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has had enough of Dan Henderson's talking. The two are set to square off in the main event of UFC 151 in September, and "Hendo" has been very outspoken against "Bones" in the past few weeks.
"No clue why Dan Henderson decided to be so disrespectful to me leading up to this fight, but it is what it is, I could use the motivation," Jones posted on his Twitter account recently. "The dudes done so much for the sport, I'm not even trying to come at him like that. I did enough trash talking with (Quinton Jackson) & (Rashad) Evans. FYI Henderson's mouth isn't bothering me at all, I just figured with all his experience he'd be over stuff like that."
Jones has defeated the likes of Lyoto Machida, Jackson and Evans - all former UFC light heavyweight champions - since claiming the belt from Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. Henderson, meanwhile, secured his status as No. 1 contender when he defeated Rua.
Henderson told Tatame in a recent interview, "(Jones) is what he is and I enjoy fighting guys like that, that are a little bit cocky. It's fun to put them in their place."
- Next Up On Ronda Rousey's Hit List: Michael Phelps
- Urijah Faber Confirms Broken Rib During Fight With Renan Barao
- Video: "UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II" Trailer
- Hector Lombard To Welterweight? Yes, Says Dana White
- Rebellion MMA Radio: Sarah Kaufman, Lyle Beerbohm
- Matt Riddle Wants Dan Hardy, But Hardy Has No Interest In Fight
- Despite Loss, Urijah Faber Plans To Remain A Bantamweight
- Re-Live Ryan Jimmo's Incredible 7-Second KO At UFC 149
- Video: Highlights From "UFC 149: Faber Vs. Barao"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.