UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has grown up fast over his UFC career. The former NJCAA national wrestling champion is currently filming for The Ultimate Fighter, while also rehabbing his arm for a 2013 meeting with Chael Sonnen.
Sonnen, who is also coaching TUF opposite Jones, will enter the 205-pound title match having not competed in the weight class for several years. He was a two-time contender to the UFC middleweight strap, falling both times to Anderson Silva.
"Chael definitely doesn't deserve to fight me, and everybody sees that," said Jones, in an interview with MMAjunkie.com. "As long as people see that at the end of the day, I'm happy with that."
Jones also realizes that Sonnen's mouth helped get him this opportunity, along with his willingness to step in on short notice and face "Bones" earlier this year.
"A lot of people have said, 'Why not be the guy to shut him up once and for all? Why not be the guy to make his words very irrelevant once and for all - put a stamp on what Anderson did to him,'" Jones said. "That's what I'm going to try to do."
Jones has defeated former UFC champions Rashad Evans, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Lyoto Machida in improving to 17-1 in his MMA career. He is 11-1 inside the Octagon, with his lone loss coming by disqualification to Matt Hamill.
- Lorenz Larkin's Manager Not Happy With Luke Rockhold
- Invicta FC 4 Card Released: Strawweight Champion To Be Crowned
- MFC To Crown New Lightweight Champion
- Rory MacDonald Has Future Encounter With Carlos Condit On His Mind
- Luke Rockhold Still Injured, Off January Strikeforce Card
- Dana White Disappointed About Strikeforce
- Johny Hendricks Has No Doubt Who He Wants Next
- X-Gym Trainer Knows Jon Jones' Weakness
- UFC Took Care Of Fabio Maldonado For Accepting Glover Teixeira Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.