UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was arrested by after crashing his Bentley into a pole on charges of driving under the influence. Jones' manager, Malki Kawa, released a statement to Ariel Helwani that Helwani posted on his Twitter account.
"While the facts of the situation are still being gatherered and situated, First Round Management fully supports Jon and we are asking for fans and media to respect the privacy of Jon and his family during this time," Kawa said.
Jones is currently scheduled to face Dan Henderson on September 1 for the title. "Bones" was uninjured in the accident.
The celebrity gossip site TMZ was the first to break news of Jones' arrest. They reported law enforcement sources informed them Jones' accident happened around 5 a.m. Saturday in Binghamton, New York. The car was totalled and Jones was arrested on the scene for DUI.
Jones spent a few hours in the Broome County Sheriff before his mother bailed him out.
- Frank Mir On Dos Santos: “He Goes To The Ground With Me, He’s Dead”
- Eliot Marshall Confirms Retirement From MMA
- 'Strikeforce: Grand Prix Finale' Post-Fight Presser (Video)
- Marquardt-Woodley Vacant Strikeforce Title Fight Official
- Scott Coker Says Feijao Vs. Mousasi Likely For 205lbs Title
- UFC On FUEL TV 4 Official, Tickets On Sale May 24
- Video: 'Saturday! Saturday! Saturday!' UFC 146 Promo
- Manager Confirms Hand Injury For Josh Barnett, Future Uncertain
- Video: Highlights From "Strikeforce: Barnett Vs. Cormier" Main Fights
- Ronda Rousey Vs. Sarah Kaufman Possible For This Summer
- Newly-Crowned Grand Prix Champ Daniel Cormier Believes He Broke His Hand Again
- Daniel Cormier Shows He Has Arrived, Dominates Josh Barnett In GP Finals
- Strikeforce Grand Prix Finale: Daniel Cormier Vs. Josh Barnett
- Gilbert Melendez Defends His Strikeforce Lightweight Title With Razor-Close Decision
- Strikeforce Grand Prix Finale: Gilbert Melendez Vs. Josh Thomson
- Jon Jones Comments On Twitter Following DUI Charge
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.