Jon Fitch (24-4-1-1 NC) says the Cain Velasquez (10-1) vs. Junior Dos Santos (15-1) rematch will be a complete opposite of their first encounter. Santos defeated Velasquez at the first UFC on FOX event early in the first round to win the heavyweight championship. Fitch claims the former champion was injured and wasn't able to mount any offense. He goes on that Velasquez didn't want to cancel the fight due to its importance as the UFC's debut on FOX.
"It was important for the company, for the fans and for everyone," said Fitch to TATAME. "He continued, even though he should not have. He was against the advice of everyone, but that was not an option at the time. It will be very different with him being able to show all your tools. "
Fitch said Velasquez was looking to take out Santos' legs, but the injury made it difficult and took away his focus.
"His head was thinking about what he could do so he got caught," said Fitch. "That does not work. Your head begins to think the injury instead of doing what you should do."
Santos vs. Velasquez will have their rematch at UFC 155 on December 29. It will be the final fight the UFC produces for the year. Fitch returned earlier this month at UFC 153, securing a win in his first fight in almost a year.
- Ben Henderson Went To Veterans For Advice
- Cesar Gracie: Nate Diaz Vs. Gilbert Melendez Will Never Happen
- Georges St-Pierre Says Focus Should Be On Carlos Condit, Not Anderson Silva
- "UFC Unrestricted" To Offer In-Depth Look At UFC 148
- Junior Dos Santos Confident He Could KO Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Dana White Hosting Live Q&A On Tuesday Evening
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.