"It will be an interesting matchup," said Fitch to ESPN.com. "I haven't created too much of a game plan, but I think I'll overwhelm him with everything that I bring to the table."
Earlier in the week both men agreed to the fight. Fitch looks to remain in a familiar place called the winners spot. He is 14-2 under the UFC's name and is coming off a win at UFC 153. Before that, Fitch's last win was in 2010. Maia is 11-4 for the UFC with all those losses coming from the current UFC and Strikeforce middleweight champions and two top contenders of the division.
Maia is also making his return inside the Octagon since UFC 153 as well. While both fighters where down in Brazil, Fitch took notice of Maia's size.
"He's really a monster at 170," said Fitch. "I was surprised at how big he was down in [at UFC 153]."
Fitch vs. Maia will take place at UFC 156 on February 2 from Las Vegas.
- Phil Davis Knows To Never Count Forrest Griffin Out
- BAMMA 11 Results: UFC Vet Xavier Foupa-Pokam Stuns Jack Marshman
- Video: Dana White Appears On Fox's NFL Pregame Show
- Brendan Schaub Discusses His Relationship With NFL Star Tim Tebow
- Jon Jones Has No Plans To Ever Reconcile With Rashad Evans
- Dan McGuane: Bellator Officials Knew Of My Past Manslaughter Charges
- Josh Thomson Hopes For A Spot On Strikeforce’s Last Card
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.