While the main event forUFC 154 has yet to be made official, the November card now has an official co-main event. Welterweights Johny Hendricks and Martin Kampmann will compete, with the winner likely to become the next contender in the division.
UFC 154 takes place November 17 from the Bell Centre in Montreal. The planned main event will showcase UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre returning to unify the title with interim welterweight champ Carlos Condit.
Hendricks (13-1) earned his fourth consecutive victory earlier this year be defeating Josh Koscheck. He has also topped Jon Fitch, Mike Pierce and T.J. Waldburger since a decision loss to Rick Story in 2010.
Kampmann (20-5) stopped Jake Ellenberger earlier this year, claiming his third consecutive win. He submitted Thiago Alves and scored a decision over Rick Story.
News of the fight becoming official was first confirmed on UFC Tonight Tuesday evening.
- Miguel Torres Announces That He Has Signed With Titan FC
- Johny Hendricks-Martin Kampmann Official For UFC 154
- Rampage Jackson Hints At Fighting Outside Of UFC After Bout With Glover Teixeira
- Seattle To Host UFC On Fox 5
- Frankie Edgar Makes Featherweight Move Official
- Chael Sonnen: Jon Jones "Will Never Fight Me"
- Chris Weidman Just Wants Anderson Silva To Give Him A Chance
- Anthony Pettis Says His Fight With Donald Cerrone "Is Happening"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.