Johny Hendricks (14-1) has made it clear, through his fights and words, that he wants a shot at UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (23-2). Dana White announced that Nick Diaz (26-8-1 NC) will get the next title shot when he returns from his suspension next year.
Hendricks is not happy with the decision, and feels like his knockouts should have been enough to secure a meeting with the champion.
"How sad is that I have to think that way because I want to get a title shot," said Hendricks to Bleacher Report. "Here I am yesterday and everybody is like, 'you have to be more of a douchebag to get a title shot.'"
Hendricks has finished half of his 10 UFC fights with his fist. He has finished three of his last six fights in the first round.
"It just feels like if I didn't finish these guys and I just would have beat them, I would have gotten a title shot," said Hendricks.
No date has been announced for the welterweight championship fight between St. Pierre and Diaz. It will have to be sometime after February, as that is when Diaz's marijuana suspension ends. White said that Hendricks will still get his title shot sometime in the future.
- Initial Ratings Strong For UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz
- Sara McMann Denies Ronda Rousey Rumor
- Tamikka Brents Flaunts Her LGBT Community Presence
- Video: Rory MacDonald Vs. BJ Penn From UFC On Fox 5
- Video: Highlights From Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Vs. Alexander Gustafsson At UFC On Fox 5
- UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz Live Gate, Attendance Figures
- Benson Henderson To Rest Of Lightweight Division: "I'm Not Going Anywhere"
- Rory MacDonald Upset He Didn't Finish BJ Penn, Discusses Carlos Condit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.