If one was to ask Johny Hendricks (14-1) his thoughts on Georges St-Pierre (23-2), his answer would (in some way) involve the welterweight champion being too scared to fight him.
"Man, he's scared," sent Hendricks in a text message to MMA Fighting. "That's why he wants me to keep fighting because maybe I'll lose and then he won't have to retire [before fighting me]."
At UFC 154 Hendricks thought he would be next for a title shot after knocking Martin Kampmann (20-6) out in 46 seconds. On the same card, St-Pierre made a successful return after an ACL injury that kept him away from the Octagon for 19 months.
St-Pierre said he wanted Nick Diaz (26-8-1 NC) next and he gets him at UFC 158 from the Bell Centre on March 16. The show takes place from St-Pierre's home country of Canada. On that very card, Hendricks now challenges Jake Ellenberger (28-6).
"[I] just have to win and GSP has nowhere to hide from me," said Hendricks.
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.