Hendricks, however, is behind Georges St-Pierre and Carlos Condit, as the two are expected to meet later this year to unify the titles. That leaves Hendricks to face Martin Kampmann in November at UFC 154, the likely date for GSP-Condit.
"Like I said before, I want a shot at the belt," said Hendricks, during a recent interview with BJPenn.com. "I feel like I've done enough to get that title shot. Certain circumstances have held me up from getting that. I just cleared out the division for a lot of people to move forward."
Hendricks is a two-time NCAA Div. I wrestling champion who holds an MMA record of 13-1. His lone career loss came by decision to Rick Story in 2010.
- Video: Watch The Intense Staredown Between Silva, Sonnen From Press Conference
- As Expected, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen Have Eventful Press Conference
- Tito Ortiz Talks Achieving Success Beyond MMA
- "BAP! BAP! BAP! BOOM!" Is What Anderson Silva Plans On Doing At UFC 148
- Claiming Anderson Silva Is Better Than Chael Sonnen "Is A Joke," Says Sonnen
- Patrick Cote Seeking Redemption At UFC 148 Vs. Cung Le
- Chad Mendes Says Loss To Jose Aldo Helped Him, Discusses Aldo Vs. Koch
- Johny Hendricks Says He "Cleared Out The Division," Wants Title Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.