As far as "Bigg Rigg" is concerned, the only match of interest to him involves the UFC welterweight title. That belt is currently worn by Georges St-Pierre, who is rumored to be headed for a potential super-fight with Anderson Silva instead of a title defense.
"I'm not going to fight unless it's for the belt," said Hendricks, during a recent appearance on MMAjunkie.com Radio. "Nothing else matters but the belt. My last three fights were guys in the top-five and I finished two of those three. I stated my claim. The only thing left is to get a shot at that belt."
Hendricks recently stopped Martin Kampmann via first round knockout, earning his ninth UFC victory in 10 attempts. Overall, Hendricks is now 14-1, including five consecutive victories.
"I really want a belt," Hendricks said. "They don't come around that often and I feel like I've done enough to earn a shot."
Hendricks even went as far as to pinpoint a time for a fight with St-Pierre, saying, "I think I'm going to be fighting GSP in six months - April or May. I want GSP and nothing else matters."
- Phil Davis Knows To Never Count Forrest Griffin Out
- BAMMA 11 Results: UFC Vet Xavier Foupa-Pokam Stuns Jack Marshman
- Video: Dana White Appears On Fox's NFL Pregame Show
- Brendan Schaub Discusses His Relationship With NFL Star Tim Tebow
- Jon Jones Has No Plans To Ever Reconcile With Rashad Evans
- Dan McGuane: Bellator Officials Knew Of My Past Manslaughter Charges
- Josh Thomson Hopes For A Spot On Strikeforce’s Last Card
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.