Joe Lauzon has earned a number of bonuses for his performances on UFC cards, including four Fight of the Night awards and six other Submission of the Nights. Lauzon returns to the Octagon in search of his 12th bonus later this month at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II against Jim Miller.
Lauzon (22-7) was originally set to face Gray Maynard, but Maynard was forced out with a knee injury. Instead he'll get Miller, but that has changed the focus for "J-Lau."
"I was very disappointed that Gray Maynard got hurt but at the same time, whenever I've had guys pull out last minute, I've had great fights," Lauzon said. "This is going to be 'Fight of the Night.' Jim Miller is tough, very good everywhere. He's had great fights, he's exciting - the kind of fights I like to have."
Lauzon rebounded from a knockout loss to Anthony Pettis in February to defeat Jamie Varner this past summer. He is 4-2 in his last six overall.
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.