Joe Lauzon is an excitable fighter who always wants to score the impressive knockout or submission. With Jim Miller standing before him inside the Octagon tonight at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II, Lauzon knows patience is the key.
"We trained really hard," said Lauzon, on Fuel TV Friday after the weigh-ins. "As long as I keep myself calm, and remind myself to breathe, I don't think it will be a problem (facing Miller)."
Lauzon was originally set to face Gray Maynard, but "The Bully" was forced out with a knee injury. After other injuries hit the card, Lauzon and Miller were promoted to the co-main event slot.
Lauzon, coming off a victory over Jamie Varner, was forced to change his training camp after Maynard exited and Miller entered.
"It was a little bit of a pain mid-camp, but that's the way it goes," said Lauzon, who had to bring in left-handed fighters after Miller replaced Maynard. "He was easier for me to change to lefties."
- Video: Max Holloway's Blog For UFC 155, Day Two
- UFC 155 Weigh-In Results: Dos Santos, Velasquez Make It Official
- Anderson Silva Willing To Accept Bout With Michael Bisping, Close To Signing Extension
- Fabricio Werdum In Position To Secure UFC Title Shot With Win Over Minotauro Nogueira In 2013
- UFC 155 Predictions From FightLine.com Staff
- TUF: Mexico Next On The Agenda For UFC
- Mike Goldberg Off UFC 155, Replaced By Jon Anik
- Rose Namajunas Reflects On What Invicta FC Brings To MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.