Joe Lauzon enters the Octagon thinking of only a finish. Lauzon, who has earned 11 fight night bonuses in his UFC career, takes on Jim Miller this Saturday night at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II.
Lauzon recently talked about his desire to never go to a decision while speaking with MMA Weekly Radio.
"I just go out there and try to have exciting fights and I think that really sticks with people," Lauzon said. "Finishes like (his recent win over Jamie Varner) are what I want to leave with people. I want to have exciting fights where people take about it for years."
Lauzon won both Submission and Fight of the Night honors for his victory over Varner this past August. Of his 11 bonuses, six have been named the best submission of the card.
"I don't want to have boring fights to where I have a good record, but it's decision after decision after decision," Lauzon said. "That's just not me."
- Dana White On When Gilbert Melendez May Get A Lightweight Championship Shot
- Alistair Overeem Submits Application For Licensing
- UFC Makes Bobby Green-Jacob Volkmann Official For UFC 156
- Junior Dos Santos Enjoys Being Sponsored By Nike
- Cain Velasquez Looking To Follow In Footsteps Of Juan Manuel Marquez
- Cage Warriors 51 Lineup Changed Due To Injuries
- Daniel Cormier Inks UFC Deal Ahead Of Final Strikeforce Fight
- Michael Kuiper-Buddy Roberts Added To UFC On Fox 6
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.