Jim Miller not only was defeated by Nate Diaz earlier this year, it turns out Miller suffered a nasty injury in the loss, as well.
In a recent interview with MMAFighting.com, Miller's manager, Mike Constantino, discussed the torn extensor muscle his fighter suffered in his foot. Diaz locked in a rear-naked choke on Miller, sending him to his second loss in his last three fights.
"I would like to get back in before the end of the year," said Constantino, in regards to getting Miller back inside the Octagon. "He's just easing his way back into it all."
Miller was being viewed as a contender before losing to current UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson last year. He did submit Melvin Guillard between the losses to Henderson and Diaz.
- Aaron Simpson, Mike Pierce To Do Battle At UFC On FX 5
- Brandon Vera Reveals What He's Been Doing Wrong In Previous Fights
- Miesha Tate Sounds Off On Ronda Rousey's Nude Pictorial In ESPN
- Fox Sports To Introduce Ref Cam For UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera
- Mike Swick Finally Set To Return To Action This Saturday Night
- Foot Injury Has Jim Miller Currently On The Sidelines
- Paulo Thiago-Dong Hyun Kim Booked For UFC's China Debut In November
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.