It is hard to count out Jim Miller in any fight. Heading to his home state and coming off a huge win makes it a lot harder, even if his opponent is Nate Diaz.
The AMA veteran plans to control the fight and play to his strengths in the main event at UFC on Fox 3 on May 5.
"He's a very well rounded guy and looked great in that fight but I'm a different fighter than Cerrone (speaking of Diaz's recent victim). I'm going to try to make it my fight when I get in there," Miller exclaimed.
"If he's trying to push the pace and use his length, obviously I'm not going to want to let him do that. There are things that I'm good at, so that's where I'm going to try and keep the fight."
One of those things is Miller's wrestling. The former Virginia Tech wrestler will be looking to control Diaz on the ground opposed to scrapping too long on the feet. While he is facing a fellow jiu-jitsu black belt on the mat, Miller has proven he is tough to put away wherever the fight goes.
"We're both dangerous guys and we come in to fight hard. There's like ten sub or fight of the nights between us," Miller said.
"I'm excited to fight in front of my home state fans and put on a show. Nate and I match up very well together and it should be an exciting fight."
At 21-3, Miller's only losses have come to Frankie Edgar, Gray Maynard, and current champ, Benson Henderson. After staring danger in the face and choking it senseless—I'm referring to his recent submission over Melvin Guillard, of course—Miller has shown that he has the talent and the guts to be a threat to anyone in the lightweight division.
Fox will likely get the show they have been waiting for on May 5 from the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
- Video: Dana White's UFC On FOX 3 Vlog, Episode Two
- Jon Jones Just Wants Hendo To Keep It Classy
- Video: Quick UFC 146 Promo
- Francisco Rivera Steps In To Face Alex Soto At UFC On FUEL TV 3
- Nevada Responds To Nick Diaz's Lawsuit
- Video: Age And Experience Will Overcome Youth And Preparation
- UFC 148 Tickets On Sale This Week
- Rampage Jackson Wants Rua Or Griffin For Final UFC Bout
- Jake Shields Vs. Ed Herman To Take Place At "UFC 150"
- Video: Dana White Blog Is Back For "UFC On FOX 3"
- Travis Browne, Ben Rothwell Added To "UFC On FOX 4" Card
- Ryan Bader Vs. Lyoto Machida Set For "UFC On FOX 4"
- Episode 8 Of "TUF: Live" Earns Lowest Ratings Yet
- Michael Bisping Vs. Tim Boetsch Removed From UFC 148
- Jon Jones Vs. Dan Henderson Unlikely To Take Place At UFC 149
- Georges St-Pierre Talks Being Bullied As A Kid
- Faber Happy To Share Spotlight With Silva And Sonnen
Get more great MMA newsd and analysis over at Fightline.