Jim Miller doesn't just want to be a contender in the UFC's lightweight division. No, Miller has his sights set on being the best there is.
On May 5, Miller will meet Nate Diaz in the main event of UFC On FOX 3 from East Rutherford, New Jersey. The bout will be five rounds, and it is likely to be for the No. 1 contender spot in the division; that, however, isn't what pushes Miller.
"It's not about the title shot, it's about winning the title and being the best," Miller said. "Being known as the best and having respect from everybody that you are the best."
Miller is coming off a victory over Melvin Guillard, while Diaz stopped Donald Cerrone in his last fight. This should be an exciting contest, as both fighters know where they currently stand and where they hope to end up eventually.
Check out the complete interview in the video below.
- Charles Oliveira Vs. Jonathan Brookins Agreed To For UFC On Fuel TV
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Ratings Under One Million
- Video: Jon Jones Training On Easter
- Cris Cyborg's Appeal Denied, Must Serve One-Year Suspension
- Alistair Overeem Applies For Fight License In Nevada
- Frank Mir Calls Overeem "Most Decorated" Heavyweight Striker
- Video: Fedor Trains In UFC Gloves, Let The Rumors Heat Up
- Anthony Johnson Ready To Move On After Release From UFC
- Joe Rogan Backs Mark Hunt As Replacement Fighter For Alistair Overeem Vs. Junior Dos Santos
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" Episode 3 Recap
- Jim Miller Wants To Be Known As The Best Ever In MMA
- UFC Inks Brazilian Prospect Hacran Dias
- Nate Diaz Earns His Black Belt From Cesar Gracie
- Video: Behind-The-Scenes Look At Jon Jones' Cover Shoot For "UFC Magazine"
- Thiago Alves Talks About Martin Kampmann Loss, Getting Back On Track
- If You Use TRT, Mark Munoz Feels Like You Are Cheating
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.