How do you beat a guy with great boxing and longer reach? With constant pressure.
At least that's Jim Miller's plan heading into his bout against Nate Diaz at UFC on FOX 3.
"I'm aggressive. I come forward the whole time. I expect to be stronger than him so just try to keep the pressure on him and not let him use that reach and keep me outside," explained Miller. "(I'm) aggressive, fast paced. Every second there's going to be something coming at him."
At 21-3, Miller has been a force in the lightweight division, only dropping bouts to Benson Henderson, Gray Maynard and Frankie Edgar. Heading into tonight's main event, the AMA veteran knows he is facing one of his biggest tests in his home state and will need a win if he wants to continue to climb the ranks of one of the most stacked weight classes.
"I've got a really tough task ahead of me tomorrow night so that's where I've focused all my energy. It's a big fight, it's a big stage. That's the first time I've gotten chills walking up the stage to weigh-in but hopefully I can use that energy the crowd will give me tomorrow night and get after Nate and steamroll him."
With two jiu-jitsu black belts stepping into the Ocatagon, it is difficult to predict the victor. Can Jim Miller rush Nate Miller and pull out the W? Use the comments section to weigh-in.
- "UFC On FOX 3: Diaz Vs. Miller" Live Coverage And Results
- UFC On FOX 3: Mike Massenzio Vs. Karlos Vemola
- Jim Miller: “Every Second There’s Going To Be Something Coming At Him”
- Nate Diaz Has Respect For Miller, Expects Tough Fight
- Quick Shots: FOX Sports Radio To Simulcast UFC On FOX, XFC Signs South, Fight Day Live Today
- Chances Of MMA In New York Greater This Year
- Bobby Lashley Vs. James Thompson Set For Sunday At "SFL 3"
- Vermont Passes MMA, Becoming 46th State To Regulate Sport
- No Benson Henderson-Frankie Edgar II At UFC 150
- "Bellator 67" Results: Michael Chandler TKOs Akihiro Gono
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Episode Nine Recap
- "UFC On FOX 3: Diaz Vs. Miller" Previews And Predictions
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.