Jim Miller isn't one to turn down a fight, especially an opportunity like the co-main event of UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II. Miller faces Joe Lauzon this evening from Las Vegas on the card.
Despite taking the bout on short notice, and admitting he was a little out of shape, Miller never thought twice about saying no to the UFC.
"I am a professional," Miller said, following the Fuel TV weigh-ins Friday. "Getting into fight shape in six weeks was easy for me. I came in and tried to sharpen up."
Miller replaced Gray Maynard, who suffered a nasty knee injury in training. He hasn't fought since earlier this year when he was defeated by Nate Diaz. Miller added that he is ready for an aggressive Lauzon once the cage door is closed.
"We are both aggressive fighters with similar styles and neither of us wants to go to the final bell," Miller said. "Being on my game and being sharp (is key)."
- UFC 155: Dos Santos Vs. Velasquez II Live Coverage And Results
- Video: Myles Jury Takes Us Through UFC 155 Weigh-In Day
- Joe Lauzon Knows Staying Focused Is The Key Vs. Jim Miller
- Despite Short Notice, Jim Miller Ready For Joe Lauzon At UFC 155
- Cain Velasquez: "I Am Coming" For Junior Dos Santos
- Junior Dos Santos Planning On Cain Velasquez Going For The Takedown
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.