Jessica Eye (9-1) is pleased that women have found a spot in the UFC, but thinks the promotion is going the wrong way by focusing on just Ronda Rousey (6-0).
"I see them building this entire thing around her, so I don't think they're going to build a huge division out of it," said Eye to MMA Junkie. "It's mainly just going to be about Ronda Rousey, and that's not women's MMA is about."
Rousey was given her official UFC belt at the UFC on FOX 5 press conference. She will headline UFC 157 against Liz Carmouche (7-2). Since Zuffa owns the UFC and Strikeforce, it means that any fighter under one of their contracts can compete for either promotion. Strikeforce is expected to close operations after their January show.
"It's a nice thing that they're doing it and brought them into the UFC, but they need to do something big with it," said Eye.
Friday night, at Bellator 83, Eye secured her third win for the promotion with a 58 second submission of Zoila Gurgel (12-2).
- Initial Ratings Strong For UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz
- Sara McMann Denies Ronda Rousey Rumor
- Tamikka Brents Flaunts Her LGBT Community Presence
- Video: Rory MacDonald Vs. BJ Penn From UFC On Fox 5
- Video: Highlights From Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Vs. Alexander Gustafsson At UFC On Fox 5
- UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz Live Gate, Attendance Figures
- Benson Henderson To Rest Of Lightweight Division: "I'm Not Going Anywhere"
- Rory MacDonald Upset He Didn't Finish BJ Penn, Discusses Carlos Condit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.