Jeremy Stephens, who was arrested last month and forced to miss a planned fight with Yves Edwards, has his trial date set. Stephens will appear in Des Moines, Iowa on January 9 for the beginning of his trial on three separate counts.
A pre-trial conference is set for December 13. Stephens is being charged with willful injury causing serious injury, burglary in the first degree and assault causing bodily injury.
The charges date back to an incident in 2011 involving Stephens. An arrest warrant in Iowa was executed in Minnesota as it included neighboring states.
- Lavar Johnson: "I Don't Really Bark, I Just Bite"
- Dustin Poirier: Nothing's For Sure In MMA 'til The Cage Is Locked
- Dana White To UFC On Fox 5 Fighters: Please, Stay Healthy
- Nick Diaz, Not Johny Hendricks, Is GSP's No. 1 Contender, Says Trainer
- Che Mills-Matt Riddle On Deck For UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Anderson Silva At 170 Pounds? Coach Says It Would Be A "Crime"
- ONE FC And GLORY Strike Deal, Additional DREAM Championship Fight Mentioned
- Lorenz Larkin: Luke Rockhold Signed To Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.