Jeremy Stephens' (20-8) time outside of training, particularly how he acted in the nightlife scene, had brought his career into a rut. So much so, that it became too much to handle and Stephens made a change about how he lives.
"I'm very blessed and very fortunate to be going in at 1000 percent," said Stephens in a video blog. "Changing up things on the outside, cleaning up my lifestyle. I just got into partying a lot and just got into making bad choices on the outside of camp."
Stephens returns to the Octagon at UFC on FX 5, where he takes on Yves Edwards (41-18-1). Since Stephens is on a two fight losing streak, he sees this as a must win scenario.
"This camp I'm hoping to stay in the gym and keep continue to working on what I've been working on and improving my game and adding things to my arsenal," said Stephens.
- Video: Bellator 74 Highlights Feature Welterweight Tourney Openers
- Ex-WWE Superstar Dave Bautista Has Opponent For Saturday
- Travis Browne Is A Fighter, Not A Talker
- Jeremy Stephens Changes His Lifestyle
- TUF: Brazil 2 Confirmed For 2013
- Chad Mendes-Hacran Dias Added To UFC On FX 6
- Danielle West Steps In For Injured Julia Budd
- Two Legacy FC Shows Gain New Fights
- "UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot" Results And Live Coverage On Friday
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.