Lightweights Jeremy Stephens and Yves Edwards will share the Octagon in October at UFC on FX 5. According to MMAWeekly.com, verbal agreements are in place.
The main event for the show is set to feature heavyweights Travis Browne and Antonio Silva. The event takes place October 5 from the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Stephens (20-8) is searching for a much-needed win after back-to-back losses against Donald Cerrone and Anthony Pettis. He is 4-3 in his last seven Octagon appearances.
Edwards (41-18-1) is coming off a decision loss to Tony Ferguson late in 2011. He has gone 4-2 in his last six, and was actually replaced by Stephens in the bout with Cerrone after pulling out with an injury.
- Jon Jones Talks About Upcoming Fight With Dan Henderson
- Jared Hamman Defends Decision To Continue Fighting At UFC 150
- Video: Ronda Rousey "Disguises" Herself To Try And Win Sarah Kaufman's Ticket Giveaway
- Anderson Silva Plans To Sit Out Remainder Of 2012
- Yushin Okami Ready To “Climb To The Top Again” After Victory
- Dennis Bermudez Shows Off His Chin Of Steel
- People Overlooking Dan Henderson Are "Crazy," Says Dana White
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.