Their original encounter might have ended abruptly, but Jeremy Stephens (20-8) and Yves Edwards (41-18-18) will finally meet. Stephens defined the upcoming fight as meant to happen.
"Everything fell together," said Stephens on his official YouTube account LilHeathenMMA. "It's just destined to be. I'm super excited."
The two were set to fight at UFC On FX 5 in November. Stephens was arrested the day of the fight for a 2011 assault charge. The UFC was unsuccessful in attempting to bail him out and he spent several days behind bars before being released. Stephens cited not being aware of the situation or involved in it.
Stephens describes himself as "well prepared" heading into his first fight back since his arrest.
Edwards vs. Stephens is now scheduled for UFC on FOX 5. The show airs December 8 from the KeyArena in Seattle.
- Alistair Overeem-Antonio Silva Official For UFC 156
- Fuel TV To Present "Training Day: The Blackzilians" On Wednesday
- Former WEC Announcer Joe Martinez To Handle UFC On FX 6 Duties
- New Bellator Rule Introduced For Championship Fights
- Two Championships To Be Decided At BAMMA 11
- Luke Rockhold Confirms Hand Injury, Shoots On Lorenz Larkin
- WSOF Pays Pulled Fighter Fabio Mello
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.