According to a report by MMAjunkie.com, Jeremy Stephens has been arrested by the Minneapolis Police Department. Stephens is scheduled to face Yves Edwards later today on the prelims for UFC On FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot.
Stephens (20-8) is currently being held in the Hennepin County Public Safety Facility. The reason for his arrest was not made known, and Stephens has yet to be formally charged.
Stephens was arrested at the Marriott City Center Hotel, which is the host UFC hotel for the weekend. The 26-year-old was transported to the Hennepin County facility at 10:44 a.m. this morning.
The UFC, or representatives for Stephens, have yet to make any formal announcement concerning the arrest or the bout with Edwards (41-18-1).
UPDATE: It appears Stephens was arrested for a felony from another state. He is being held without bail, and nothing has been determined regarding his fight with Edwards yet.
- Anderson Silva Not Staying At Light Heavyweight
- WSOF Completes Initial Fight Card Lineup
- Healthy Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Excited For Return At UFC 153
- Stephan Bonnar Ready To Go "Postal" Right Now
- Dennis Hallman On His Decision To Not Fight Friday
- Bellator 75 Weigh-In Results
- UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Silva Weigh-In Results
- Gabriel Gonzaga-Geronimo Dos Santos Off UFC 153
- Bjorn Rebney Believes Eddie Alvarez Headed To UFC
- Cub Swanson Takes Back Jose Aldo Comment, Says It Was Meant For Jens Pulver
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.