Jay Hieron's controversial run in Bellator has come to an end.
The welterweight fighter revealed the news via Twitter:
Jus got my release from BELLATOR..Time to work my way up too the top!!
The 35-year-old Xtreme Couture representative went on a hotly-contested run in the Bellator season four welterweight tournament, where he earned controversial wins over Anthony Lapsley, Brent Weedman and Rick Hawn to take the tourney. Hieron lost via controversial decision himself when he took on Bellator welterweight champ Ben Askren and started looking for a way out of the promotion when he wasn't granted an immediate rematch.
Now, it appears that The Thoroughbred will join Junior Assuncao on the Legacy Fighting Championships 12 fight card, which is scheduled to take place on July 13 in Houston, Texas.
Hieron has not yet been assigned an opponent for the card.
- Video: Alistair Overeem's NSAC Hearing
- Falcao-Spang Winner To Face Alexander Shlemenko For Vacant Title
- Vinny Magalhaes Blames Extended Absence On M-1 Global
- Video: Georges St-Pierre's And His Road Back To The Octagon
- Free From Bellator, Jay Hieron To Try Luck With Legacy FC
- Dana White Calls Overeem Liar, Says Future With UFC Uncertain
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Fighter Salaries
- Keith Kizer Says No Issues Will Come In Chael Sonnen Receiving His Fight License
- Only A Title Shot Would Get Chuck Liddell Out Of Retirement
- Chael Sonnen "Embarassed" For Anderson Silva
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Cheick Kongo On Tap For "UFC 149"
- Frank Mir Wants To See Alistair Overeem Receive Another Shot In UFC
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.