Undefeated heavyweight Jared Rosholt, who entered MMA fresh off a historic career as a wrestler at Oklahoma State University, has signed a contract to compete for Legacy Fighting Championships.
MMAjunkie.com confirmed with Legacy promoter Mick Maynard that Rosholt (4-0) will compete for the Legacy heavyweight title against Derrick Lewis (7-2) on August 17 at Legacy Fighting Championships 13.
Rosholt, the younger brother of former UFC and Bellator fighter Jake, was a runner-up for the Cowboys at the NCAA Div. I meet as a heavyweight. He was a three-time All-American and currently works with Team Takedown. Two of his four wins have come via submission, while the two were victories by strikes.
- UFC Welterweight Champ Georges St-Pierre Offers Up His Take On Jones Vs. Evans
- Video: Dana White Video Blog For "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans"
- Legacy FC Inks Jared Rosholt To Contract, Title-Bout Set For August
- Pedro Rizzo Up Next On Fedor Emelianenko's Comeback Tour
- Video: Ronda Rousey And Nick Catone Aid NY MMA Efforts
- With Rivalry Neutered, Jones Vs. Evans Comes Down To Competition
- "Bellator 66: Aoki Vs. Alvarez" Weigh-In Results
- New York State Senate Passes MMA Legalization Bill… Again
- Video: Jon Jones Knocks Out Pale Rastafarian
- Jon Jones Vs. Rashad Evans = Spider-Man Vs. Beast
- Nick Diaz's NSAC Hearing Delayed
- Did Sugar Ray Leonard Lure BJ Penn Out Of Retirement?
- KID Yamamoto Saves Injured Man In Tokyo
- Greg Jackson Accepts Role In Evans-Jones Feud
- "UFC 145 Primetime" Episode Two Makes Dramatic Increase In Ratings
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.