"I could have beat Joe Lauzon with a jab and won a boring decision," said Varner. "I wanted to put pressure on him, be exciting and go for the finish. I'm always looking for the finish and I unfortunately got caught."
Varner thinks that his continues offense makes his fights more enjoyable for the fans, but has led him to some loses.
"With my fighting style, I fight with reckless abandonment," said Varner. "Because I don't stop, people enjoy my fighting. I put myself in bad positions and do get caught. I'd rather fight hard and have people enjoy watching me fight then always fighting not to lose."
Lauzon defeated Varner via submission when they fought. Currently, there next fight is unknown.
- Dana White Feels Like Ronda Rousey Could Break Octagon Barrier
- Cheick Kongo Would Welcome Fight With Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Fighter Salaries Released
- Chael Sonnen Makes Reference To Next Fight, But Doesn't Name Names
- WWE Superstar CM Punk Unimpressed With Jon Jones' Nike Deal
- Donald Cerrone, Melvin Guillard Are Friends Until Their Fight Starts
- GSP's Trainer Says Fighter Want Bout With Anderson Silva
Get more great MMA news and analalysis over at Fightline