Jake Shields, a teammate of Nick Diaz under Cesar Gracie, took it upon himself to call out Johny Hendricks. UFC president Dana White stated on Thursday that Georges St-Pierre had asked for a match with Diaz, and would likely grant it, passing over what most though was a title shot for Hendricks.
Hendricks, who made it known that he wanted nothing more than the opportunity to face St-Pierre, is coming off a convincing victory over Martin Kampmann.
"(Hendricks) quit crying. Nick's done more than you. It's cool you beat my old punching bag at AKA but I think you need to fight me next," Shields posted on Twitter.
Hendricks responded by writing, "lol dude pipe down man lol ur right just like you did have done in the UFC."
Shields is coming off a victory over Ed Herman at middleweight, but the result was changed to a no-contest after he failed a post-fight drug test. The former Strikeforce champion was made it known he intends to return to welterweight, where he once lost to GSP.
Shields also posted, "(White, Lorenzo Fertitta) know what they're doing. Be a company man and do your job. I'll fight anyone."
- Video: BJ Penn, Rory MacDonald Exchange Verbal Threats
- Jake Shields Calls Out Johny Hendricks, Hendricks Responds
- Miesha Tate Denies Turning Down Fight With Ronda Rousey
- Bellator 83 Weigh-In Results: Featherweight Finals Set
- Johny Hendricks Makes Plea For UFC Welterweight Title Shot
- GSP-Nick Diaz The Likely Next Match, According To Dana White
- Dana White "Happy" UFC On Fox 5 Avoided Any Main Card Injuries
- BJ Penn-Rory MacDonald Ready To Exchange Blows At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.