To say Jake Ellenberger would like a match with Johny Hendricks would be an understatement. Following Hendricks' knockout victory over Martin Kampmann Saturday night at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit, Ellenberger made a plea via Twitter for a match with "Bigg Rigg."
"I would put my UFC career on the line for a fight with Johny Hendricks," Ellenberger posted.
Ellenberger could have been the man standing across from Hendricks Saturday in Montreal, but he suffered a second round TKO loss to Kampmann this past June. Ellenberger (25-6) was dominating "The Hitman" before Kampmann caught him with a knee.
The loss snapped a six-fight win streak for Ellenberger, who rebounded this past October to defeat Jay Hieron.
Initial reports out of UFC 154 were that Hendricks was willing to wait for a title shot, but Georges St-Pierre could be tied up with a super-fight vs. Anderson Silva. There has been no word from the UFC what they will do next with Hendricks, but he has at least one potential suitor - and likely more - after his performance against Kampmann.
- Eddie Yagin Released From Hospital, On The Road To Recovery
- Gray Maynard Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery
- Greg Jackson Doesn't Believe He Would Have Made A Difference In Carlos Condit-GSP Fight
- Referee Explains Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Decision
- Bristol Marunde: TUF Guy And Superhero
- Rashad Evans: Georges St-Pierre Can Defeat Anderson Silva
- TUF Ratings Drop Following Strong Week
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.