After an impressive start in 2012, Invicta FC returns to action in January where they crown the first champion in the company's short history.
Carla Esparza (8-2) takes on Ayaka Hamasaki (8-0) at Invicta FC 4 to declare the first ever strawweight (115 lbs.) champion
Other titles are being planned for the future of the company and more than one champion might be decided at Invicta FC 4.
"This is something I've been waiting for," said Esparza on MMA Weekly Radio. "I feel like I've been improving, and I feel like I've been waiting for this pretty much since I started my fight career."
Hamasaki, a current Jewels champion, comes in undefeated with four of those wins coming by submission and one by knockout. She was victories in her Invicta FC debut on the company's second outing. Esparza will be making her third appearance for Invicta FC. She walks in on a three fight win streak.
Esparza thinks the bout looks fair, but if people want to consider her an underdog she's ready to prove them wrong.
"If I do go in the underdog, more power to me," said Esparza. "If that is the case, I plan on proving people wrong."
Invicta FC 4 is expected for January 2013, but no date has been confirmed.
- Ben Henderson Went To Veterans For Advice
- Cesar Gracie: Nate Diaz Vs. Gilbert Melendez Will Never Happen
- Georges St-Pierre Says Focus Should Be On Carlos Condit, Not Anderson Silva
- "UFC Unrestricted" To Offer In-Depth Look At UFC 148
- Junior Dos Santos Confident He Could KO Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Dana White Hosting Live Q&A On Tuesday Evening
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.