UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has been forced out of a planned UFC 149 main event with Erik Koch. In place of Aldo-Koch will be a battle for the UFC interim bantamweight title between Urijah Faber and Renan Barao, UFC officials confirmed.
It remains to be seen if Koch will be given a new fight. UFC 149 takes place July 21 from Canada.
The event already lost Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, as he has been moved to UFC on Fox 4.
- "UFC On FX 3: Johnson Vs. McCall 2" Ratings
- Erik Koch Aims To Wait It Out While Jose Aldo Recovers
- Martin Kampmann Talks Stoppage In Bout With Jake Ellenberger
- Ticket Sale Round Up: "UFC: Nottingham" And UFC 150 On Sale Soon
- "UFC: Nottingham" Set For September 29
- Demetrious Johnson Talks Victory Over Ian McCall
- Video: "UFC 147: Silva Vs. Franklin 2" Trailer
- Carlos Condit Responds To Interim Title Criticism
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Said He'd "Rather Be Cut" Than Fight Glover Teixeira
- UFC Approached Rory MacDonald About Fight With BJ Penn
- Urijah Faber Disappointed In Move To "UFC 149"
- White On Injury Plague: "These Guys Need To Tone It Down"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.