The UFC looks to continue their trend of hosting live shows in different parts of the world and next on their list appears to be India.
"We'd like to do a big, live event sometime in 2013," said Lorenzo Fertitta, UFC co-owner. "We'll roll that schedule out in the fourth quarter of this year, and there's a good possibility India will be on the list."
The final schedule of shows for the first part of 2013 should be confirmed before the end of the year.
When the UFC signed a multiyear broadcasting deal with Multi Screen Media in April it caused the sport's fan base to grow dramatically according to Fertitta.
"We have a huge audience [in India]," said Fertitta. "We're being promoted within the IPL [Indian Premier League], which is the cricket league where they get 150 million people watching. So there are 150 million more people in India who know who we are that didn't know last year."
Final production schedules are also being done for the first Indian installment of The Ultimate Fighter.
- Jon Jones Talks About Upcoming Fight With Dan Henderson
- Jared Hamman Defends Decision To Continue Fighting At UFC 150
- Video: Ronda Rousey "Disguises" Herself To Try And Win Sarah Kaufman's Ticket Giveaway
- Anderson Silva Plans To Sit Out Remainder Of 2012
- Yushin Okami Ready To “Climb To The Top Again” After Victory
- Dennis Bermudez Shows Off His Chin Of Steel
- People Overlooking Dan Henderson Are "Crazy," Says Dana White
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline