Ian McCall, who uses the MMA site The Underground to discuss everything related to the sport, posted that he has been forced to withdraw from an upcoming fight with John Moraga. The two flyweights were expected to meet at UFC on Fox 4 in August.
McCall updated his post with news of an sprain knee ligament. The bout was just announced a few days ago.
"I was forced to withdraw days ago, I'll fill u all in tomorrow afternoon!" McCall wrote. "I popped my knee last week, got an MRI this week, only an LCL sprain thank god no tear."
McCall (11-3-1) was knocked out of the first-ever UFC flyweight tournament by Demetrious Johnson. Moraga (10-1) was going to be making his debut inside the Octagon.
- Next Up On Ronda Rousey's Hit List: Michael Phelps
- Urijah Faber Confirms Broken Rib During Fight With Renan Barao
- Video: "UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II" Trailer
- Hector Lombard To Welterweight? Yes, Says Dana White
- Rebellion MMA Radio: Sarah Kaufman, Lyle Beerbohm
- Matt Riddle Wants Dan Hardy, But Hardy Has No Interest In Fight
- Despite Loss, Urijah Faber Plans To Remain A Bantamweight
- Re-Live Ryan Jimmo's Incredible 7-Second KO At UFC 149
- Video: Highlights From "UFC 149: Faber Vs. Barao"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.