Hey Brother, what’cha gonna do when rabid divorce attorneys run wild on you?
Professional fake wrestler and world-renowned tanned old guy Hulk Hogan got the smackdown put on him in court recently when ex-wife Linda Bollea got a smidge more than 70 percent of the couple’s liquid assets in their settlement. On top of that massive total, 58-year-old Hogan (real name: Terry Bollea) also has to give his wife 40 percent ownership in his companies and a $3 million a property settlement.
Among the interesting tidbits that also emerged from the settlement are that the 52-year-old Linda gets $7.44 million of the couple’s $10.41 million currently held in the bank, but the Hulkster gets to not part ways with any alimony.
Other nifty details, as per the St. Petersburg Times ·:
• Terry Bollea gets to keep any money he makes from personal appearances and the sale of his book, My Life Outside the Ring, published in fall 2009.
• The couple agreed to sell both of their Pinellas County homes, their Clearwater Beach home and the iconic estate on Willadel Drive in Belleair where much of the reality series Hogan Knows Best was filmed.
• Linda Bollea sold the beach house in 2010 for $1.65 million. She pocketed that money as part of the $3 million property settlement, said her attorney, Ray Rafool of Miami.
• The Belleair home was originally listed at $13.9 million. It is still on the market, listed at $8.87 million. When it sells, Terry Bollea will be responsible for paying any money still owed to his ex-wife from the property settlement. Any additional proceeds will then be divided evenly between the two.
• Linda Bollea got to keep a Mercedes-Benz, a Cadillac Escalade, a Corvette, a Rolls-Royce and various off-road vehicles. Terry Bollea, who had an extensive collection of vehicles, got the rest, though they were not detailed in the agreement.
If fake ultra-tanned professional wrestlers can’t have long, prosperous marriages, what hope do the rest of us have?
This probably means he can't afford to rip his shirts anymore, right?