Trainer Greg Jackson has finally provided an update on UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. This past weekend, Jones was caught in a deep armbar by Vitor Belfort, and said he felt something pop in his arm during the post-fight interview.
"It didn't dislocate or anything," said Jackson, in an interview with Sherdog.com. "I'm sure it's just strained, and maybe a bursa sac or two went out, but I don't think it's going to be anything major."
Jackson said that he trained Jones for Belfort to try an armbar, adding, "It was incredibly quick, and that's a testament to Vitor's skill. He caught Jon, and Jon was able to work out of it."
Jones was given an indefinite medical suspension, but that can be lifted with clearance from a doctor.
- Submission Specialist Paul Sass Wants To Be The First To Submit Matt Wiman
- Dan Henderson Would Take Fight With GSP If Offered
- UFC Planning Regular Dates For Montreal, Toronto Cards
- Matt Hughes To Remain A Member Of The UFC
- Nick Diaz Seeking Another Overturn Of Suspension
- Stefan Struve Not Worried About Getting Knocked Out By Stipe Miocic
- Bellator 74 Weigh-In Results, All Fighters Make Weight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.