Hermes Franca, a former UFC standout and WEC Champion turned himself in Monday night to the Clackamas County Jail after being charged with seven counts of first degree felony sexual abuse stemming from charges with a minor while he served as a trainer at an unnamed Clackamas County Jiu Jitsu Academy. He is additionally charged with two counts of Unlawful Sexual Penetration in the second degree.
The crimes are obviously very serious and carry with them a mandatory minimum sentence of 75 months each. He is currently being held on $250,000.00 dollar bond.
He first learned of the charges while in Brazil in late April and flew to Portland from Miami to turn himself in. He plead not guilty to all charges at his arraignment on Tuesday.
- MFC Signs Hermes Franca Signs to Face Drew Fickett
- Drew Fickett vs Hermes Franca to Headline MFC 30
- Arizona State BJJ Open recap
- Frankie Edgar vs. Kurt Pellegrino at Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale
- Familiar Names Dot the MFC 29 Card
Get more great MMA news, recaps and analysis over at MMAValor.com