Hector Lombard entered his UFC debut feeling invincible. However, after being on the wrong end of a split decision loss to Tim Boetsch earlier this year, Lombard re-focused his attention on training for tonight's match with Rousimar Palhares.
The two middleweights will square off at UFC On FX: Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson from Australia. Lombard came to the UFC as the Bellator 185-pound champion, and had his long win streak snapped by Boetsch.
"I had a little bit of arrogance in me and I said I won't lose no matter what," said Lombard, in an interview with UFC.com. "Even if things aren't going well in training, I'll be able to put Tim Boetsch away. I paid for it. I paid for my arrogance and I had to realize that you can't underestimate anyone."
Lombard (31-2-1) decided to return to Australia for his training, preparing himself in different aspects including "cross training and not sticking so much with one thing. I tried to get stuff from everywhere, and this trip has been helping me a lot, training with different people and stuff like that; it's been a blessing for me."
As for what Lombard expects to happen, he is setting the bar at a knockout - and nothing else.
"I'll tell you one thing: if the fight goes to a decision again, I don't want to win the fight," Lombard said. "I would rather they strip the fight from me again if it goes to a decision. I'm expecting a KO in this fight, and that's what's gonna happen."
- Benson Henderson: Friend Or Foe, At 155 It Doesn't Matter
- Chael Sonnen On TUF Coaching Gig: I Didn't Realize I Wasn't Coaching Jon Jones
- UFC On FX 6 Weigh-In Results
- Vinny Magalhaes Calls Out Phil Davis: "I'm A Horrible Fight For Him"
- Eric Kelly-Honorio Banario To Meet For ONE FC Featherweight Title
- Bellator 84 Weigh-In Results: Tourney Finals Are Set
- Video: Anderson Silva Stars In Brazilian Duracell Advertisement
- Dana White Calls Ronda Rousey "Nasty, Mean... Like Chuck Liddell"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.