Mark Munoz was recently knocked down and out of the UFC middleweight contender race when Chris Weidman stopped him. That loss, however, hasn't taken Munoz off the mind of one Hector Lombard.
Lombard, who will make his UFC debut this Saturday against Tim Boetsch at UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao, said he plans to call for a match with Munoz after he defeats Boetsch.
"Saturday, I'm focused on this fight. And after that, I'm going to call Mark Munoz out," said Lombard, during a recent media workout session (thanks to MMAjunkie.com for the quotes). "I'm going to make a statement no matter what. But after that, I'm going to beat up Mark Munoz. He's been talking a lot of trash about me."
Lombard (31-2-1) entered the UFC after his contract with Bellator expired. He was the middleweight champion at the time, and was considered to be one of the best fighters in the world to not be calling the UFC home.
- Strikeforce: Rockhold Vs. Kennedy Nets 420,000 Viewers
- Jake Ellenberger Vs. Josh Koscheck Set For UFC 151
- Hector Lombard Plans To Call Out Mark Munoz After UFC 149
- Luke Rockhold Accepts Anderson Silva's Challenge
- Anderson Silva Wants To Fight Luke Rockhold Next
- Former UFC Fighter Tyson Griffin Signs With RFA
- TUF: Brazil Winners To Compete At UFC 153 In Rio
- Boxing CEO Richard Schaefer Believes UFC Asking "Too Much" Of Fans To Pay A PPV Each Month
- Video: Countdown To UFC 149: Faber Vs. Barao
- UFC On FX 5 Moved From September To October
- Vinny Magalhaes Draws Igor Pokrajac In UFC Return At UFC 152
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.