Hector Lombard's long win streak came to an end, as Tim Boetsch claimed a decision victory in the co-main event of UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao Saturday night. Lombard had not lost since a 2006 decision defeat to Gegard Mousasi.
Lombard, the former Bellator middleweight champion, was expected to be a top contender to UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. Instead, he never unleashed his offensive attack that has resulted in 17 knockout victories.
Instead, Boetsch likely pushed his way ahead in the stacked division, though he failed to do much either. Still, he has now won each of his last four UFC bouts, including triumphs over Lombard and former contender Yushin Okami.
Lombard is now 31-3-1, while Boetsch improves to 16-4.
- Dana White Asked Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To "Honor" Contract
- Chael Sonnen Down For "War Of Words" With WWE Superstar The Rock
- Alan Belcher Gives Us An Update On His Next Fight
- Benson Henderson Gives Us His Three Rules To Fighting
- Heavyweights Rob Broughton, Matt Mitrione Off UFC On FOX 4
- Bjorn Rebney Doesn't Believe Ben Askren Is Boring
- Tim Kennedy Vs. Roger Gracie? Former Military Man Says Yes
- Jamie Varner Excited For Opportunity Presented To Him At UFC On FOX 4
- "Life Changed A Lot" Says Renan Barao In Regards To Being A UFC Champion
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline