Heather Clark (5-2) sees the change that females have brought to MMA recently and hopes to be amongst the best in the near future.
"MMA is growing every day, and the ones that are on top are the ones who are well-rounded," said Clark to MMA Weekly. "It's the ones that can be ready for anything."
After losing in her XFC debut earlier this year, Clark got back to her winning ways with a first round submission over the summer. She has stopped all of her fights.
Clark returns to action against Stephanie Eggink (1-1) at XFC 21 on December 7. The show takes place from Tennessee with the main card airing on AXS TV.
With a win in December, Clark hopes it pushes her to the top of the women's 115 pound division.
"I plan on not becoming a top 10 fighter like I was, but this upcoming year I want to get into the top 5 of the weight class and get some opportunities to fight the top one or two fighters at the weight in the world," said Clark.
- Lavar Johnson Injured, Out Of UFC On Fox 5 Fight With Brendan Schaub
- Bellator 82 Weigh-In Results: Welterweight Finals Made Official
- UFC "Road To The Octagon" Debuts This Sunday
- Ronaldo Souza-Lorenz Larkin Booked For Strikeforce: Champions
- Frank Shamrock: Bas Rutten Put Me On The Map
- Next ONE FC Event Announced
- Heather Clark Ready For The Big Leagues
- Chris Weidman Updates Status Post-Surgery
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.