Greg Jackson watched from outside the Octagon as Vitor Belfort (21-10) locked in an armbar submission early on Jon Jones (17-1) at UFC 152. Jackson admits he was nervous when he first saw the submission applied.
"I was very concerned," said Jackson on MMA Fighting. "We had trained for that armbar and Vitor's just so good. When I saw him standup and shrug a little but, I knew Jon had the right mental attitude to get out of there."
While Jackson credits Belfort's performance, he noted how the fight showed that Jones was able to continue injured.
"I think it's a testament to how tough he is," said Jackson. "[Belfort] locking on that arm and almost submitting was very nerve racking for the entire corner."
- Stitch Duran Claims Charles Oliveira Suffered Injury Before UFC 152 Fight
- Showtime Issues Statement In Regards To Cancellation
- More Taunting From Chael Sonnen Towards Jon Jones
- TJ Grant Finds New Home As A Lightweight
- UFC 152 Injury Report Includes Jon Jones
- Daniel Cormier On UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones
- Shoulder Injury Derailed Gilbert Melendez-Pat Healy Fight
- Brett Rogers Has A New Home With American Top Team
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.