When Nick Diaz (26-8-1 NC) returns from his suspension, two names that have come up as potential opponents are Georges St-Pierre (22-2) and Carlos Condit (28-5). Greg Jackson, who coaches the two fighters, thinks a fight against Diaz would be the perfect one.
"I'm a huge Nick Diaz fan," said Jackson told Fight Hub. "I love the way he fights. It's gonna be tough for either of those guys to fight him."
Diaz remains suspended until early February for failing a post-fight drug test for marijuana at UFC 143. He lost that fight against Condit, ending an 11 fight win strea.
"Unfortunately he's on the sidelines for a while, but he'll be ready to go and hopefully we'll be ready to fight him," said Jackson.
Jackson has coached Condit and St-Pierre in the past, but wasn't involved with either leading into their UFC 154 fight last night. He will continue to coach both fighters moving ahead.
- Eddie Yagin Released From Hospital, On The Road To Recovery
- Gray Maynard Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery
- Greg Jackson Doesn't Believe He Would Have Made A Difference In Carlos Condit-GSP Fight
- Referee Explains Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Decision
- Bristol Marunde: TUF Guy And Superhero
- Rashad Evans: Georges St-Pierre Can Defeat Anderson Silva
- TUF Ratings Drop Following Strong Week
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.