"It's a tougher fight than people think," said Jackson on Fight Hub. "I don't take him lightly and we're going in to rock. He's going to be a tough fight."
The two are currently coaching opposite one another on The Ultimate Fighter. They are slated to meet on the finale of the season on April 27. The fight is scheduled for Newark, NJ with the venue not disclosed.
When Jackson was asked if the critics are right that Sonnen talked his way into the fight, Jones' coach was quick to point out Sonnen's accomplishments. Jackson said he has legitimate credentials as his two losses to Anderson Silva (33-4) can't be held against him.
"I like Chael," said Jackson. "I think he's a great guy."
- Documentary On Evan Tanner To Air This Month
- Stefan Struve On Where He Stands In The Heavyweight Division
- Greg Jackson's Opinion Of Chael Sonnen
- Dany Lauzon, Brother Of UFC Fighter Joe Lauzon, Signs With World Series Of Fighting
- TUF Winner Jonathan Brookins Leaving MMA, Headed To India To Learn "Other Things"
- Ed Herman Heading To Strikeforce, Will Face Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza In January
- Strikeforce Confirms January Will Be Final Event On Showtime
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.