Gray Maynard has confirmed via Twitter that he has undergone successful knee surgery to repair the torn medial and lateral meniscus in his knee. Maynard suffered the injury in training, knocking him out of a planned December encounter with Joe Lauzon at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II.
"Knee surgery went great today," Maynard wrote. "Thanks for all the support and positive energy!"
Maynard was looking to close out 2012 with a second consecutive victory after topping Clay Guida earlier this year. He is slated for three-to-five weeks away from training.
Lauzon will now meet Jim Miller at the year-end event.
- Dan Hardy Interested In Josh Koscheck, Not Matt Riddle
- Alistair Overeem, Golden Glory Settle Lawsuits
- Vinny Magalhaes Takes Shot At Matt Hamill
- UFC On Fox 5 Prelims Headed For FX
- Urijah Faber Back To Training Full-Time
- Andrei Arlovski Headed For Russia, December Showdown With Mike Hayes
- MMA Veteran Rich Clementi Retires From Fighting
- Family Member Cast Doubts That Kyra Gracie Can Join MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.