Afghani knockout artist Siyar Bahadurzada was so anxious to make his UFC debut this past weekend at UFC On Fuel TV 2 that he ignored a potentially broken hand in fear that it would prevent him from finally gracing the octagon.
In good news for fans of The Killer The Great, it looks like Bahadurzada's hand wasn't broken, after all. The 27-year-old tweeted today that x-rays show his hand to be in fine working order.
GOOD NEWS: My right hand is not broken! An x-ray confirmed it earlier today! RT this If you wanna see me fight soon again in the @ufc!
Broken or not, the injury likely wouldn't have played any part in the fight regardless, as Bahadurzada was able to knock out his opponent, Paulo Thiago, in forty-two seconds of the first round. The win upped Bahadurzada's stock considerably and garnered the fighter a Knockout of the Night bonus in only his first UFC appearance.
For full results from the event, click here.
- Shinya Aoki Has No Regrets About Breaking Bones, Set To Meet Eddie Alvarez Friday Night
- Recently Released Alexis Vila Targets Spot In UFC's Flyweight Division
- Video: "Countdown To UFC 145" Complete Episode
- Video: Rashad Evans Interview
- Chuck Liddell Calls Jones-Evans Odds "Ridiculous"
- "UFC 144: Edgar Vs. Henderson" Drug Test Results
- Overeem's Team Has Explanation For Test. Ratio, But It's Not TRT
- "UFC On FUEL TV 2: Gustafsson Vs. Silva" Ratings
- Video: Rashad Evans, "Georgia On My Mind"
- Revisit Greasegate And More In Dana White's UFC 94 Vlog
- Kenny Florian Voices Support For King Mo
- Newcomer Tim Elliott Will Face John Dodson At "UFC On FOX 3"
- Reminder: "Countdown To UFC 145" Will Debut Tonight On FUEL TV
- Alistair Overeem's Team Says Fighter Has Explanation For Failed Drug Test
- "TUF: Live" Ratings On The Rise With Episode Six
- Video: "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Media Primer
- Bellator Cuts Vila And Ueda After Bantamweight Tournament
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.