As Glover Teixeira (19-2) looks to finally have his fight against Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (32-10), the Brazilian plans to train with a familiar name. Teixeira revealed that former light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida (18-3) is on his list of fighters to train with. The two have trained together in the past.
"I'll probably train in California, and I think Machida should be there," said Teixeira to TATAME. "I'll train with him a bit, but still thought nothing about training."
Teixeira and Jackson were supposed to fight in the co-main event of UFC 153. Jackson pulled out of the fight a month out with an injury. In his place was Fábio Maldonado (18-6), who Teixeira defeated after the doctors stopped the fight at the conclusion of round two. Following Teixeira's win Jackson requested another chance to make the fight happen.
Machida and Jackson are familiar as they competed against one another in November 2010. Jackson took home a split decision win.
The two are scheduled to fight at UFC on FOX 6 at the end of January. The fight will be the final one on Jackson's UFC contract. After the fight, his future with the company is unknown.
- Michael Bisping: If Anderson Silva Wants Time Off, Make Interim Title
- Ratings Hold Strong For Latest Episode Of The Ultimate Fighter
- UFC Goes With Alan Belcher-Yushin Okami For Final UFC 155 Main Card Bout
- Tyrone Spong Grades His MMA Debut From The WSOF
- Date Announced For Bellator Season 7 Featherweight Finals
- UFC 157 Targeted For February 23, Anaheim, California
- Jorge Masvidal: Strikeforce Lacks Communication
- Anderson Silva: No Plans To Enter Octagon, Challenge GSP At UFC 154
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.