Glover Teixeira was expected to come out, knock Fabio Maldonado out and move on Saturday at UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar. Teixeira did that, but it didn't come easy.
Teixeira, who finally made his UFC debut earlier this year, earned a TKO victory over Maldonado after the doctor called a stop to the bout. Teixeira landed several huge shots to the face of Maldonado, causing plenty of damage.
"This guy, he is not human," said Teixeira, who improved to 18-2 overall. "I felt I could knock him out, but this guy got knocked down (and wouldn't stop). He's not human."
Teixeira has now won 17 consecutive fights, adding Maldonado to a list that includes Kyle Kingsbury, Ricco Rodriguez and Marvin Eastman.
Maldonado (18-6) accepted this fight after former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson was forced out with an injury. He has now lost three straight inside the Octagon.
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.