Former UFC fighter Gilbert Yvel will not be competing for Resurrection Fighting Alliance next month, according to a report by MMAjunkie.com. Yvel was expected to headline a fight with Marcio "Pe de Pano" Cruz on November 2.
RFA 4 goes down from the Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel in Las Vegas. It will air on AXS TV, and Cruz will remain on the card. The co-main event boasts ex-UFC competitors Efrain Escudero and Tyson Griffin.
Yvel (38-16-1) last fought for the UFC in 2010, falling to Jon Madsen. He lost three straight inside the Octagon, prompting his release from the company. He has won his last two, both in RFA, including a knockout of Houston Alexander.
- Matt Riddle, Francisco Rivera Suspended For Failed Drug Tests
- Is Anderson Silva Already Budging On Jon Jones Super-Fight?
- Bellator 77 Weigh-In Results: Lightweight Tourney Quarters Official
- Shane Carwin Continues Rehab For Injured Knee Ahead Of TUF 16 Finale Fight
- Jon Jones Doing MMA A Favor Taking Out Chael Sonnen
- Gilbert Yvel Scratched From RFA 4 Main Event
- Anderson Silva's Legacy Continues To Grow In Brazil
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.